So in this post, I want to show you how pastels can make a big difference to your creations. Along the way, I guess you can learn how to make a banana haha – though, I’m not sure what purpose you would have for it.. ^^;;
For the Banana, I used three colours. Yellow (Du-kit), white (sculpey) and Sunshine (sculpey). Sunshine is basically a baby yellow.
- Mix the baby yellow colour with the white. This is the flesh of the Banana.
- Roll the Banana flesh into a log (sorry the log looks white here =”=)
- Make the ends more narrow than the centre and then shape it like a Banana.
- Roll out the yellow clay, and use your razor blade to cut out three “long leaf” shapes (as shown).
- Arrange around the Banana
- Blend the edges together and curl the top ends downwards. Also, define the inedible part of the banana at the end.
Phew, here is the purpose of the post haha,,
- Take a light green pastel and shade the bottom part of the banana. It depends on how ripe you want your banana to be.
- Now take a dark brown pastel ( excuse my mutilated pastel ), and shade the very bottom of the banana.
- You can also add more textures or brown onto your Banana, I just got lazy.