Todays’ post is going to be on a rose twist pin. Of course, the rose is just an idea you could use. You can always attach other stuff onto it like muffins, cake, pie etc.
You will need:
- Plain twist pin
- Red polymer clay
- black polymer clay (optional)
- Circle cutter (optional)
- Hot glue gun
Since I’m going for a darker colour red, I’m going to be adding some black into it. You can see in the first picture that I colour coded the black polymer clay- add the green amount and not the red. I made the mistake of adding half the black and my rose turned out wayy darker than I wanted it to.
- Roll out the red clay into a thin sheet and use the cookie cutter to cut circles out of it. If you have more circles, your rose will be bigger.
If you don’t have a cookie cutter, make little balls out of the red clay and flatten them.
- For the centre, take a circle and just roll it. Do not flatten the bottom like I did, I just needed it to stand so I could take a picture.
- Take another circle and wrap it around the first one
- Keep doing this and as you go, make sure you push the petals outward.
- ^ If you keep layering your rose, the end of it will look like that.
- Cut off the excess clay, and you’re done ;D
- Bake your rose and then glue it onto the top of the pin ! ( I used hot glue gun)
- You can also glaze it to really finish it off.
Ohoho, I hope you liked this tutorial ;D
All it is, is just a rose being attached to the pin. If you want , I can post a picture of what it looks like when it’s in hair.