Hello my dumplings !
Today is going to be a tutorial on the “Minnie mouse cruller donut”
This is following on with that strapya series that I was making. It was inspired by the following image… except, it’s the blurry one in the background TT
Now, the one I’m going to be making is a bit uglier, it’s got texture, it’s less shiny, and the icing part isn’t exactly the same…
But here we go anyway !
- Translucent sculpey or Fimo deco gel
- Light yellow clay (or whatever you want your donut to be)
- Pink pastel ( or whatever you want your icing colour to be)
- Needle tool
- I didnt actually end up using the white…. (also, my camera decided to focus on the bottle of TLS…)
- First, divide your clay into thirds. 1/3 will be for the ears, and the other 2/3 will be the main body.
- Roll out the 2/3 into a log and make it into a circle shape.
- Take the 1/3 of clay and divide it into two. Roll them out into logs, and make mini circles.
- Attach to the main body.
- Make sure you blend the edges !
- Here are the two types of needle tools I have. One is thicker. For this creation, I will be using the thicker needle tool
- Start making the pattern into the clay. Don’t sketch it out like I did ( I ended up not following it..)
- Make light indents into the clay, and when you’re happy with it, make them deeper and more defined.
- Do the same the ears.
- Here is the completed donut. (If you want to, use a tooth brush to add some texture)
- Now we ice it ! Add some TLS with pink pastel. I actually ended up putting deco gel into it… do not do that. (Unless you want it to be runny)
- Mix mix mix ,
- As you can see, the ‘icing’ looks like it’s really thick…. well since I added deco, it ended up running down all the sides while it was baking.
- This resulted into the second image, you can see that there is a pool of icing haha,,
And there we go ! ;D
As you can see, my version of the Minnie mouse cruller donut is definitely different than the strapya one. I wanted the icing to have a really nice shiny effect, so I added deco gel….ah
It still looks okay right ?
I hope you enjoyed this ! Thanks so much for reading !