Hello Hello !
Today’s tutorial, will be on the POTATO CHIPS :D
Now, this is actually a REALLY simple tutorial, I hope most of you know how to make them ^^. If you don’t then this will hopefully be super helpful for you.
Shall we get started ?
- Translucent clay ( I finally bought it !!)
- Yellow clay (Light yellow, mix it with the white)
- White clay
- A littttle bit of tan or gold
- Pastel – Brown/ Tan
- Mix the white, yellow and translucent together.
- If it’s not dark enough, add a darker colour into it. My cernit gold clay was a nice shade, so I added a little bit of that into it.
- Take small blobs and flatten them onto the surface you are working on. You can use a bit of cornstarch to prevent it from sticking to your fingers. (Try to make them an oval shape)
- Another method is to just flatten it between your finger and thumb. When you peel it off, it will naturally have that ‘curled’ potato chip shape.
- Scrape it off, and then give it a bit of a curl.
- Repeat these steps until you have a satisfactory amount.
- Here they are baked ^^
- You could even cut them into French fry shapes ! They look like the raw ones that haven’t been deep fried ahaha !
- Then shade with pastel ,, I used brown, and you can’t really see it but, I dusted it on the edges.
The kind of potato chips I’m making are “Salt and Vinegar”. Let’s make the salt !
- Take a random piece of translucent clay and bake it. You should put this piece in when you bake the potato chips.
- Then, start cutting little pieces off….
- Cut them very very very finely !
- Sprinkle over your chips ! ^^ They look a little too salty here…
And you’re done !
Super simple right ? For packaging, you could make your own foil packet, clay bowl or even a mini pringle tube !
I didn’t have time to do that, so I used a small metal bowl. I only have 6 left now TT____TT I need to find a place where I can buy bowls and stuff for my clay..
- Here it is in the bowl ! I made it alllll stick together by using a little bit of deco gel.
- I also over baked it, so the “salt” got burnt TT____TT Oh well…. it can be bacon pieces now..
I really hoped you enjoyed this !
If you do have any requests or questions, just leave it in the comments ^^
Thanks for reading !