Hello my reader :D
Today’s post was meant to be on the other gaming consoles, but someone requested the chibi from my Adventure time frame, so here it is how I made the whole thing….ahaha..^^.
This tutorial is faily simple, and you can basically replace the characters with whoever you want.
Before you start, you’ll need some sort of photo frame. Except my one has a large gap on the inside. I’m not sure what its’ original purpose was for … ^^;;
Paint the outside with whatever you want (in my case, LSP colours), and then glaze.
Now for the characters…
- Light blue
- Dark blue
- Skin colour ( White + little bit of pink + little bit of orange)
Other character (which is my friend. Use any colour you want)
- Skin colour
- Dark olive green
- Light tan
- Hot glue gun
- Acrylic paint
- You will need three different sized blobs of clay: Light blue (largest), White (second to largest) and dark blue (smallest)
- Make them into cylinder shapes and stick them on top of each other.
- To make sure they all stick together seamlessly, just roll it a little bit. Not too much.
- Using any tool, make an indent of where Finn’s face will be.
- Then take a small blob of skin coloured clay, and fill that hole.
- Smooth out any uneven edges.
- Roll out a white log and cut the rounded edges – these are Finn’s ears
- Attach and blend onto his hat.
- Now for jake, separate the yellow into two. One for the body and tiny blob for details (ears and jowls)
- For this, simply roll out a log. I placed it next to Finn to make sure they end up being around the same size.
- Flatten, and make the bottom edge straight.
- Attach ears and his jowls
- For the chibi , I stuck a skin coloured blob onto a rectangular blob of green
- I flattened them together and cut out a collar from the excess green.
- I dotted a pocket, and added some details on to the jacket.
- For the hair, roll black clay into a long-ish strip. It needs to be long enough to wrap around the chibis’ head.
- Cut the bottom edge of the clay so it’s straight for the bangs. (fringe)
- Using your razor blade, make hair patterns onto it.
- Now, cut the bangs to size. Cut it so that it wraps around the head of your chibi + the top of the head
- Then with excess clay, roll it out again.
- Cut it to the length you want the hair to be, and attach it onto the rest of the chibi’s head.
- Blend away any visible edges.
- I forgot to take picture for LSP but basically, roll out the purple into small blobs.
- Make an outline with the blobs, fill in the middle and blend away allllll the edges. (Like the second image)
- Then you’re done ^^
- Here are all of the characters.
- They have been baked, and mostly painted. You can see that Jake still needs his eyes ^^;;
- Now for presenting them, place the three main characters you want onto a blob of green
- Add some patterns into it using a rounded tool
- Then take the characters out, and bake the green.
- Once it is out of the oven, cool it and then use some glue to stick the characters back into the indents you made from pushing them in.
- Using hot glue, I stuck LSP and the waving snail onto the background piece.
- Hot glue the characters into the frame, and place the background in ^^
And you’re done !
Ofc, you can replace whatever you want into this frame. The characters are all super easy to make so get creative !
I hope this was helpful ^^
Thanks for reading !