If you’ve missed it:
And now, here is the Strawberry slice ^^
- Red felt
- Dark Pink felt (I don’t have it so I’m just sing pink)
- Pink felt (Since I didn’t have dark pink, I’m using white as the lighter colour)
- Red thread
- Black thread
- “Leaf/Petal” template (You can easily draw this yourself)
- White thread
So: Red piece x 1 , Dark pink piece x 1 and pink piece x 1
As for the template, the size of the strawberry slice will depend on how big you make the template.
- Thickess of slice depends on how many pieces of pink you cut out. Here I have traced the template 3 times
- Cut the pink pieces out
- Cut out the white piece
- Use the red felt and measure around the pink, afterward cut out a suitable length of red (Don’t worry about how thick the strip should be, you can trim excess off later)
- Use the white thread, sew on the white piece onto the middle of the pink. Sewing it on one layer is fine and follow the pattern drawn shown above
- If you want to add more detail , use the black thread and add the seeds , you can also use beads if you wish
- Stack the pink pieces on top of each other, you can hold it in place with a peg and wait for it to dry if you wish
- I didn’t, so I just glued the red strip around it straight away ahahaa
- As I had excess red, follow the dotted lines and cut them away
And thats it. Easssyy right ?
This concludes the “Strawberry series”
And I shall continue to post up more tutorials on fruits and decoration pieces later.
Thanks for reading !