HAPPY VALENTINES EVERYONE !!!
Ill be making a valentine craft this weekend so for now, please bear with this post ^
Today is the Watermelon and Kiwifruit slice as you can see from the title c:
Shall we begin ?
- Red felt
- White felt
- Green felt
- Corresponding thread colours
- Marker ( optional green and black)
Basically, you want to fold the paper in half, and draw a triangle that will become your water melon slice + cut it out (try to round out the outer edge a bit) . You can see in the image above that I have dotted in a little triangle where the fold is. Instead of having your watermelon slice in a 2D shape, you will sew the watermelon in a way that will create a small triangle shape so you will get that back edges of the slice.
Next, you will approximately draw another long triangle ‘slice’ that will become the base. Don’t worry too much about accuracy because you can just trim the felt as you need to.
- Red felt : Cut out 1 x base shape, and 1 x main slice
- White felt : Cut out 1 x base shape
- Green felt: Cut out 1 x base shape
- Using black thread, add the seeds onto the main slice shape. If you want, a marker will work as well
- Using red thread, sew along that top edge and then around the bottom , adding the base.
- Before you close it off, add stuffing into the watermelon
- Then using glue, just stick on the base shapes, with white first and then green.
- If you want, you can also use a dark green marker to add some patterns to create that watermelon look.
And thats it… hurhur easy ?
Now for the Kiwifruit
- Light green felt
- White felt
- Green felt
- Black pen / black thread
- Circular shape
- Using the circular shape, cut out a couple of circles on the green felt
- The thickness of the kiwifruit slice will be up to how many layers of the circle you use
- Glue the green layers together and wait for it to dry
- Then, on the white felt, cut out two smaller circles
- Glue the white circles one of each side of the green
- Using a black pen, add the ‘seeds’ onto the kiwifruit. If you want, you can use black thread, however, you should do that on the layers before gluing it together
- Then, using pastel or some green marker, add some lines t add that extra detail
- Then cut the slice into whatever shape you want it to be
You can see that I did a really bad job in ‘shading’…. I didn’t have a green marker so just used this pastel – clearly a mistake ahahah
So that’s really all there is to this.
I believe this is the end to the fruits so next up should be some deco felt pieces such as tart bases and such.
Thank you so much for reading !