Hello Hello my readers ! :D
So I just spent a little time today making some more tutorials on felt.
I’ll be doing about 4 variations of cream that you can make to decorate your creations ^^
Today’s one is fairly simple but … it doesn’t look as full as I would like – though that ofc is easily adjustable to your tastes
(Also , I would like to apologize for the quality of these images… I made them very late )
Lets go !
- Any colour felt you want
- Hot glue gun ( or super glue)
- a peg if you are using super glue
- Corresponding thread colour to felt
So for this template , the round part above those bottom dots are the main shape of the cream. The bits that come out after those two lower dots are to be folded and glued in. This created the ‘volume’ and detail to the cream.
Remember when cutting your own template, fold it in half and then cut to make sure your get it exactly symmetrical.
- This image is a bit smalll .. please click to enlarge ahaha
- Okay, once the template has been cut out, pin to the felt and cut out 5 pieces
- Then stack all of them together, and sew down the middle
- I tried to use a brighter thread – but yout still cant see it…
- Now get your glue gun / super glue and add some onto those tab parts and fold it inwards
- It didn’t show well on the felt so here it is on the paper ( second image)
- Fold all the tabs going in the same direction
- If you are using super glue, use a peg to hold the tab down until it dries. This was too time consuming for me so I didn’t use super glue
- And here it is completed. I apologize.. the images are kind of ugly.. the cream looks better in rl.. hurhru
- Top / bottle / top (view)
The shape is little strange right ? You have to kind of arrange those tab parts to make it look more cream like. Also, the more tab parts you have, I would imagine that the cream would look more full.
The problem I had with this was that I pulled a bit tight when I was sewing it – so you can kind of see in the third image the exact middle ahaha.. try to avoid this please
So yes, there you go !
Next I will be uploading two or the rest of the three because they are so easy and fast to make !
I hope you liked this tutorial and that it helped you !!
Thanks for reading,