Today is a felt craft , from a the title you can see it’s a Card Holder in the form of a bear?
Anyways, its fairly simple and you can customize it to any shape, animal – whatever you want ^^
So here we go !
- Orange felt
- White felt
- Brown felt
- Orange thread
- Brown Thread
- Red thread
- Ribbon (optional)
- Ball chain (optional)
Template: The main rectangle is basically the size of a normal card (e.g. Library Card) + 0.5 cm around all the edges (9 cm x 6.5 cm). Everything else is up to whatever shape or design you want.
2 x Main Rectangle
2 x Main Rectagle + centre cut out ( the size of this depends on you)
4 x Ears
2 x Ear details (the brown bit)
2 x Eyes
1 x Snout
1 x nose
- On each ear sew the brown part onto the middle of it
- Then take the other piece of the ear and sew together using blanket stitch
- Then on one rectangle, arrange how you want the face to be
- Sew the face details on + blush marks. I drew it on at the end because I forgot..
- Then on the main rectangle with the cut out, take both pieces and sew the inside part together
- Take the main rectangle and the face rectangle and sew one edge + Ear
- Take the two rectangles with the cut out, and sew one edge as well
- These edges will be the opening of where the card will be placed
- Place the main rectangle and the one with the cut out together
- Start sewing them together, avoiding the edges you just sewed ( so you will be sewing 4 layers of felt, and only three sides because you don’t need to sew the edges from before)
- Place the other ear as you move along
- Once you get to the corner or top of the card holder, you can place your ribbon and sew it in place
- And it’s completed !
- Here it is with my bus card ( I stuck a Rilakkuma card sticker on it)
- Here is what I mean with the edges.
- They become the opening of where you place your card and the other end is sealed
Here it is attached to my phone
You can see it’s about 0.5cm larger on all sides of the card
And there you go !
It’s fairly simple once you get all the cutting of the felt out of the way ^^
I might even have some pre-cut out pieces of different designs on sale in my etsy…
Hope you liked this post !
Thanks for viewing !