Hey guys !
So it has finally come to the ‘end’ of my holidays.. I start school on the 1st of February , which is earlier than usual ( its normally February 7th)
And honestly, it feels like I’ve made nothing…
Last year, I was always thinking of all the things I could make in my holidays, update my Etsy and maybe even start a Youtube channel – and now it seems like I’ve done nothing at all..
SDKJFHSKHDLJF ! WHY !
It’s definitely not the time issue as I’ve had about a month for that, but I don’t know… it’s probably because I don’t really have the inspiration or motivation anymore. I do still have a lot of ideas, it’s just that when it gets down to making the actual craft , it turns out much harder than what I imagine.
Then, it ends up ugly/ takes up time / I start again, and so I don’t post it online ;__;
However, I will list what I did manage to do oho :
- Bunny cake tutorial
- Elephant Cake tutorial
- Cherry tutorial (felt)
- Pineapple, apple, kiwifruit slice tutorial (felt)
- Watermelon tutorial (felt)
- Ponyo in a bottle (first attempt)
- Real pink cake
- Chocolate cake
- Haku in a bottle ( in process)
- GIANT Dango plush
And here’s a small prototype of my Haku. I’ve got the basic construction method done however, I’m trying to figure out how to put him in the bottle and in what shape. Also his surroundings TT
The one you see below actually broke in half, eh..
You can see he’s curled around that tool… this shape doesn’t quite work for the bottle, so yes – This is going to get thrown out.
Thanks for reading this short rant/ update!
Hello Hello !
More fruit tutorials :D
This time, the Blueberry
- Dark blue felt
- Light blue felt
- Dark coloured thread (I’ll be using a light colour for the sake of this tutorial)
- Glue ( Can be anything, preferably something that dries quick. i.e super or hot glue)
- A circular object
- Trace a circle onto paper, and use that as the template for the blueberry
- On the dark blue felt , cut out the circle
- Using the light blue felt, cut out a small circle
- Fold your felt into half horizontally and then vertically. This will give you the approximate centre point
- Using the centre point as a guide, cut an ” x ” shape
- Then glue the light blue circle on top – do not put any glue where it will meet the cross.
- Use a running stitch around the outside of the dark blue circle
- Pull the thread to close in the edges and add stuffing
- Knot the thread off and cut off excess thread
And that’s it ! Easyeasy right ?
Next post will be the Cherry ^^
Thanks for reading !
If you’ve missed it:
Whole strawberry tutorial
Strawberry wedge tutorial
And now, here is the Strawberry slice ^^
- Red felt
- Dark Pink felt (I don’t have it so I’m just sing pink)
- Pink felt (Since I didn’t have dark pink, I’m using white as the lighter colour)
- Red thread
- Black thread
- “Leaf/Petal” template (You can easily draw this yourself)
- White thread
So: Red piece x 1 , Dark pink piece x 1 and pink piece x 1
As for the template, the size of the strawberry slice will depend on how big you make the template.
- Thickess of slice depends on how many pieces of pink you cut out. Here I have traced the template 3 times
- Cut the pink pieces out
- Cut out the white piece
- Use the red felt and measure around the pink, afterward cut out a suitable length of red (Don’t worry about how thick the strip should be, you can trim excess off later)
- Use the white thread, sew on the white piece onto the middle of the pink. Sewing it on one layer is fine and follow the pattern drawn shown above
- If you want to add more detail , use the black thread and add the seeds , you can also use beads if you wish
- Stack the pink pieces on top of each other, you can hold it in place with a peg and wait for it to dry if you wish
- I didn’t, so I just glued the red strip around it straight away ahahaa
- As I had excess red, follow the dotted lines and cut them away
And thats it. Easssyy right ?
This concludes the “Strawberry series”
And I shall continue to post up more tutorials on fruits and decoration pieces later.
Thanks for reading !
Following on the whole strawberry, this is the strawberry wedge.
- Red felt
- Dark pink felt ( I didn’t have that so I had to use normal pink felt )
- Pink felt ( Since I didn’t have dark pink, this lighter colour had to be white)
- Red thread
- White thread
- Black thread
Now, As for the templates, you can see they are basically “leaf” or “petal” shapes.
The Pink is the roundest leaf shape, the red is slightly smaller and more narrow and the white is even smaller
You can either draw them out yourself – or I will try to draw them up on photoshop and attach it to this post
- Cut out each felt piece. The colours and shapes can be seen in the “materials” image
Should be: Red x 1, Dark pink x 1 , Light pink x 1
- If you want, use black thread to add the ‘seeds’ , you can also use beads if you wish
- Then, sew the white piece onto the pink piece with white thread – follow the pattern drawn in the middle image (Let’s make this the front)
Because the red piece is smaller than the pink piece, when you sew it and fill it up, it will end up being pulled back and look like a ‘wedge’ or a ‘half’ of a strawbery.
- Place the red piece onto the back of the pink and start sewing around it. (Blanket stitch or whip stitch)
- Add the stuffing before closing it off
- Remember to add the details such as seeds ! I didn’t , so here it is drawn in…
- Here it is sewn up, I have used black thread for the purpose of this tutorial, however you should use red thread.
- You can also see that the white thread used in the middle does not stand out. This is because I used light pink felt instead of dark pink. Please use the right colours if you want a pretty strawberry ^^
And that’s it,, a ‘wedge’ or ‘half’ a strawberry.
The next tutorial will be the “Strawberry slice ” ^^ Be waiting for that !
Thanks for reading !
Today I’m going to start posting on felt crafts ^^
I will be concentrating on making ‘food’ items and will be posting basics such as making tart bases, decoration pieces and fruits. (Any particular requests, please comment below)
After that, I’ll put everything together and show you how you can make your own dessert from felt :D
(Note : This is all going to be hand sewn, not the needle felt type of craft )
Shall we begin with the basic whole strawberry ?
- Red felt
- Green felt
- Beads (optional)
- Glue (Can be super glue, PVA , fabric , hot glue gun – anything)
- Red thread
- Black thread (optional)
- Circular object (for drawing template)
Note : In this tutorial, I used white thread so you can see it easier. When you are making any craft, unless you want it to stand out, use matching thread colours with your felt pieces.
- First take the circular object and trace around it. Cut it in half and use that as a template for the strawberry.
- Whole strawberries are made from semi circles
- On the red felt, cut out the semi circle
- Then on the green felt, cut out a small square (You can do this after the strawberry has been made, or before it)
- So: Red semi circle x 1 , green small square x 1
- Fold the semi circle in half ( I have pinned it down to take a picture)
- And then use blanket stitch , or here, I used the whip stitch to sew the straight edge together
- Then use the running stitch for the round edge of the strawberry
- After using the running stitch, pull the thread and you will see that the bottom will start to close in.
- Before that, fill it with stuffing – how much is up to you
- If you want your strawberries to have beads, chose which colour you want and thread up another needle.
- Start adding them onto your strawberry
- You will have two threads – one for the bottom and one for the beads
- Once you are happy with your beads, just tie off the thread and cut excess
- Then pull the thread tight and criss cross over the opening a couple of times to ensure the strawberry will not open up again.
- Tie off and cut excess
- If you don’t want the beaded look, just go for the classic and use black thread to add the details. You should do this before sewing the red felt together
- Then draw a flower shape on the green square + cut
- Use your glue and stick it on the bottom of the strawberry
Aaand that’s about it.
I know that most people already know how to make the felt strawberry, but again, I am starting from basics.
I hope this was easy to understand, I tend to write a lot but the images themselves should be pretty self explanatory.
Also, I would choose small clear beads or silver if I were to add them onto the strawberry. These pink ones were all the I had, and I didn’t pull the thread tight enough so they were sort of sticking out….
Next will be the Strawberry half, or “wedge”
Thanks for reading !
Hello Hello ^^
Just a quick tutorial for you guys. Sorry about some of the lighting and the quality of this plushie,, I don’t have a lot of time right now so it doesn’t look as good as it should u__u
This post will be s a Rilakkuma Plushie ! Except it will just be the head part, and he’ll be in a “costume” of some sort.
Basically, you can use WHATEVER colours you want and whatever design you want.
For my original one, I put Rilakkuma in a strawberry hood and this time he’ll just be in this random felt pattern.
If you’re going to make something like a strawberry that has those extra details, make sure you add them on before you start to construct it. For this one, I had to use black thread and make those little ‘seeds’ on all the pieces of the hood. If you’re going to make an animal, make sure you cut out all the stripes and such.
Oho,, I got my template from here: [link]
So here we go ^^ !
I basically printed out two different sizes and chose the bottom ones
You will need a duplicate copy ^^
- Any other colour you want. (I’m using that apple patterned one because I haven’t used it before)
- Corresponding thread colour to your ‘hood’ (or any colour you want really,,)
- Ribbon (So you can turn it into a keychain. Or any other piece of fabric or jump ring)
- Half black pearls (If you don’t have this, just cut out two black circles for eyes)
- Ball chain ( or you can use a keyring + chain )
- Cut out the templates
- On one, separate the head from the ears
- On second one, draw a line for where you want the hood to be. (When cutting, if you want it to be symmetrical, fold it in half and follow the side that you drew best)
- Pin the templates to the felt and cut out the shapes
- Brown Head x 1
- (Colour of your choice) Head x 1
- Hood x 1
- Ears x 4
- Snout x 1
- Cut a small strip of ribbon, size is up to you, it doesn’t really matter
- Arrange the layers (outside colour, brown, hood) on top of each other. If you want, you can trim the brown piece a little bit to hide the edges
- Thread your need and use blanket stitch around until you get to where the ears will be
- Place the ears in , and use a running stitch to keep them in place.
- Change back to blanket stitch until you get to where the ribbon will be. Use running stitch it keep it in place
- Continue to blanket stitch again until you get to the ears where you will use the running stitch.
- Keep blanket stitching to the end of the ‘hood’
- At this point, you can stuff the ears if you want, but I just stitched them together using blanket stitch
- If you trimmed the brown too much and it doesn’t get stitched together when you do the outline, you may have to use a running stitch to attach it to the head like I did.
- Take your stuffing, and stuff it in the bottom
- Close it up by using a blanket stitch
- Glue on the eyes using the glue (I used PVA, hot glue gun will be more stable though)
- On the snout, you can either sew on the details or draw it on like me
- Glue on the snout
- Add the ball chain
And you’re done !
So here you go ^^
Honestly, this is really easy, I don’t know why I have so much text hahaha,,
Sorry I haven’t really been able to craft much, I just had three exams (math and chem on the same day ! Oh my life, I think I failed some ..) and I have about two more next week..
Then I won’t be on holiday for another week so yeah, until then, I guess there’ll just be updates here and there.
And look ! Aang and Appa turned into a necklace for shipping ! ;D
Thanks for reading !
Hello Hello my reader,,
This is the last tutorial for my Easter series ^^,
I remember a few months ago, I was stressing over my clay supplies, and announced that I would be making more felt tutorials…. I lied… I’m sorry,,
After buying my studio sculpey, I suddenly had so much clay to use, and yeah… that’s why it’s just been clay tutorials over and over !
But as you can see from the title, today will be a felt tutorial ! ^^
More precisely, a B.A.P bunny plush tutorial.
Just a note, this is going to be a long long tutorial, and it is VERY time consuming. It depends on how many you are making, but I made all the other members. -Phew-
Too cut down the post, the images that I think are self explanatory will just have one short sentence.
Let’s get started !
- Threads / Template/ Pin cushion / Pencil/ paper/ scissors/ black gel pen/sharpie (ball point won’t work as well as these ones) / Hot glue gun
- Pink, Green, blue, red, black, yellow felt
- Using images as reference, I drew out a template
- Fold it in half and cut. This way, it will be symmetrical.
- You will need to cut out 10 bunny shapes ( that means you’ll be making 5 bunnies in total)
- To cut, you can either pin it onto the felt and cut around the template (I prefer this method, but this was too time consuming) OR
- Pin it onto the felt, and using sewing chalk, trace around the bunny.
- Since I was lazy, I used the chalk method. If you choose to use this method, make sure you cut INSIDE the chalk lines. This is because that is the actual shape of the bunny.
- Cut out 10 (the chalk method means sometimes, uneven bunnies D; )
Now to make the Mask templates
- On a piece of paper, place the bunny template under it and trace 5 bunnies.
- Then in the middle of each one, draw a line straight down. ( this will help us find the middle point of the masks)
- Again using the reference images, draw on the masks.
- Cut them out
- Pin onto felt + cut. Make sure you pin them on the right colours.
Now to add the details
- Thread your needle with black.
- On one side of the blue mask, draw that “block” symbol
- Start tracing/sewing according to the lines
- The last image is what it looks like on the other side
Add the details on all the masks.
- If you get lazy, use the black pen.
- Here, I sewed triangular outlines and then filled them in with the pen.
- Cut 5 pairs of eyes. Long oval shape
- For one pair, cut the top diagonally, this is for the green bunny.
- Glue on all the details ! Be patient and careful because once you mess up, you have to start again ><
- Draw on the extra lines for the yellow bunny.
Now, we can finally start sewing ! The time consuming part is finally over !
- For each mask, use their corresponding colours for the thread.
- Use the blanket stick and sew around the bunny
- After half way, stuff it with stuffing
- You may want to use a small tool to help push the stuffing to the ears.
- Once you’re done stuffing it, close up the bunny !
- Repeat for all the rest.
And the bunny does get a little smaller once you fill it. Comparison image:
Aaaand there we go !
A long post right ? I’m not going make this any longer so yes. Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for reading !