Here are the next tutorials, each is very short and simple.
Small piped dollop
- Felt colour of your choice
- Needle + corresponding thread colour
Template : Super simple, just heart shape.
- Cut out 4 pieces of the heart shapes
- Stack together and sew down the middle
- Twist it, arrange it and its done !
Yesyes, easy right ?
Next tutorial : “Shell’ piped cream
- Felt colour of choice
- Needle + corresponding thread colour
- Hot glue gun or superglue + peg
Template : A fat leaf shape
- Cut out three pieces
- Stack together and sew down the middle longways
- Glue the top parts (where the middle is ) together (optional )
- Twist twist twist !
- You don’t have to glue to middle, but since it showed too much , I just stuck them together ahaha
Okayokay, I’ll leave the last one for the next post hurhur,
Hope you liked this, thank for reading !
Hello Hello my readers ! :D
So I just spent a little time today making some more tutorials on felt.
I’ll be doing about 4 variations of cream that you can make to decorate your creations ^^
Today’s one is fairly simple but … it doesn’t look as full as I would like – though that ofc is easily adjustable to your tastes
(Also , I would like to apologize for the quality of these images… I made them very late )
Lets go !
- Any colour felt you want
- Hot glue gun ( or super glue)
- a peg if you are using super glue
- Corresponding thread colour to felt
So for this template , the round part above those bottom dots are the main shape of the cream. The bits that come out after those two lower dots are to be folded and glued in. This created the ‘volume’ and detail to the cream.
Remember when cutting your own template, fold it in half and then cut to make sure your get it exactly symmetrical.
- This image is a bit smalll .. please click to enlarge ahaha
- Okay, once the template has been cut out, pin to the felt and cut out 5 pieces
- Then stack all of them together, and sew down the middle
- I tried to use a brighter thread – but yout still cant see it…
- Now get your glue gun / super glue and add some onto those tab parts and fold it inwards
- It didn’t show well on the felt so here it is on the paper ( second image)
- Fold all the tabs going in the same direction
- If you are using super glue, use a peg to hold the tab down until it dries. This was too time consuming for me so I didn’t use super glue
- And here it is completed. I apologize.. the images are kind of ugly.. the cream looks better in rl.. hurhru
- Top / bottle / top (view)
The shape is little strange right ? You have to kind of arrange those tab parts to make it look more cream like. Also, the more tab parts you have, I would imagine that the cream would look more full.
The problem I had with this was that I pulled a bit tight when I was sewing it – so you can kind of see in the third image the exact middle ahaha.. try to avoid this please
So yes, there you go !
Next I will be uploading two or the rest of the three because they are so easy and fast to make !
I hope you liked this tutorial and that it helped you !!
Thanks for reading,
From the previous tutorial, you can see that I ‘made’ my own ‘cream’ from shaping it using a tool. Someone asked for a tutorial, so here it is ^^
This is super simple, and it’s really up to you on what your ‘cream’ ends up looking like. However, if you don’t have the same tool I have, I’m not sure what you could use to replace it….
maybe the end of a small paintbrush ? :/
Here we go !
Materials (whoa , sorry for the huge image)
- Clay of your preference
- Metal skewer thing (what is it called ? )
- Using the rounded end, start making a ‘cream’ pattern on your clay.
- Do this by lightly indenting your design.
- When you’re happy with it, go over the pattern with more pressure put on the tool.
- To define the bottom even more, use the pointed end of the tool and push the clay inwards.
- (First image) It should look something like this.
- Now, you define the top by making it more pointed
- Take the end of the tool, and drag it upward, following the line of your pattern
- Keep fixing your ‘cream’ clay until you’re satisfied with it.
And there we go :D
Super easy right ? I’m sorry if my ‘cream’ doesn’t look as good as the one in my previous tutorial. The shape really depends on you, so fix it however.
Hope my explanation was okay…..
Thanks for the reading !