Hello Hello my readers ! :D
So I just spent a little time today making some more tutorials on felt.
I’ll be doing about 4 variations of cream that you can make to decorate your creations ^^
Today’s one is fairly simple but … it doesn’t look as full as I would like – though that ofc is easily adjustable to your tastes
(Also , I would like to apologize for the quality of these images… I made them very late )
Lets go !
- Any colour felt you want
- Hot glue gun ( or super glue)
- a peg if you are using super glue
- Corresponding thread colour to felt
So for this template , the round part above those bottom dots are the main shape of the cream. The bits that come out after those two lower dots are to be folded and glued in. This created the ‘volume’ and detail to the cream.
Remember when cutting your own template, fold it in half and then cut to make sure your get it exactly symmetrical.
- This image is a bit smalll .. please click to enlarge ahaha
- Okay, once the template has been cut out, pin to the felt and cut out 5 pieces
- Then stack all of them together, and sew down the middle
- I tried to use a brighter thread – but yout still cant see it…
- Now get your glue gun / super glue and add some onto those tab parts and fold it inwards
- It didn’t show well on the felt so here it is on the paper ( second image)
- Fold all the tabs going in the same direction
- If you are using super glue, use a peg to hold the tab down until it dries. This was too time consuming for me so I didn’t use super glue
- And here it is completed. I apologize.. the images are kind of ugly.. the cream looks better in rl.. hurhru
- Top / bottle / top (view)
The shape is little strange right ? You have to kind of arrange those tab parts to make it look more cream like. Also, the more tab parts you have, I would imagine that the cream would look more full.
The problem I had with this was that I pulled a bit tight when I was sewing it – so you can kind of see in the third image the exact middle ahaha.. try to avoid this please
So yes, there you go !
Next I will be uploading two or the rest of the three because they are so easy and fast to make !
I hope you liked this tutorial and that it helped you !!
Thanks for reading,
HAPPY VALENTINES EVERYONE !!!
Ill be making a valentine craft this weekend so for now, please bear with this post ^
Today is the Watermelon and Kiwifruit slice as you can see from the title c:
Shall we begin ?
- Red felt
- White felt
- Green felt
- Corresponding thread colours
- Marker ( optional green and black)
Basically, you want to fold the paper in half, and draw a triangle that will become your water melon slice + cut it out (try to round out the outer edge a bit) . You can see in the image above that I have dotted in a little triangle where the fold is. Instead of having your watermelon slice in a 2D shape, you will sew the watermelon in a way that will create a small triangle shape so you will get that back edges of the slice.
Next, you will approximately draw another long triangle ‘slice’ that will become the base. Don’t worry too much about accuracy because you can just trim the felt as you need to.
- Red felt : Cut out 1 x base shape, and 1 x main slice
- White felt : Cut out 1 x base shape
- Green felt: Cut out 1 x base shape
- Using black thread, add the seeds onto the main slice shape. If you want, a marker will work as well
- Using red thread, sew along that top edge and then around the bottom , adding the base.
- Before you close it off, add stuffing into the watermelon
- Then using glue, just stick on the base shapes, with white first and then green.
- If you want, you can also use a dark green marker to add some patterns to create that watermelon look.
And thats it… hurhur easy ?
Now for the Kiwifruit
- Light green felt
- White felt
- Green felt
- Black pen / black thread
- Circular shape
- Using the circular shape, cut out a couple of circles on the green felt
- The thickness of the kiwifruit slice will be up to how many layers of the circle you use
- Glue the green layers together and wait for it to dry
- Then, on the white felt, cut out two smaller circles
- Glue the white circles one of each side of the green
- Using a black pen, add the ‘seeds’ onto the kiwifruit. If you want, you can use black thread, however, you should do that on the layers before gluing it together
- Then, using pastel or some green marker, add some lines t add that extra detail
- Then cut the slice into whatever shape you want it to be
You can see that I did a really bad job in ‘shading’…. I didn’t have a green marker so just used this pastel – clearly a mistake ahahah
So that’s really all there is to this.
I believe this is the end to the fruits so next up should be some deco felt pieces such as tart bases and such.
Thank you so much for reading !
So, I’m only fire recently… crafting and completing a craft everyday….
Just a little note about my next posts:
- Cold porcelain review will be up in a couple of days
- Tutorial of Howl’s moving castle
- Later , my tutorial of Portal guns and
So I made this portal gun. This is just a prototype atm.
Now that I know how I’m going to construct everything, I’ll be making the yellow one so yes ^^ Hopefully will be a listing on Etsy.
This measures about 5cm long and 2cm in height.
These images are also before I glazed them ,, atm it is drying from the glass ohoho,,
Be waiting ^^
I’m off to make the companion cube now !
Thanks for reading,