Hello Hello ,,
Sorry it’s been a while, it’ll probably be like this until the holidays. I’m in the process of planning more crafts (hopefully from felt), but they’re not made yet.
Anyways, today’s tutorial is the B.A.P bunny keychain. This time, it’s for my other friend who is also obsessed with them…. I don’t understand ahah,,
From some of the lighting, you’ll see that it’s uneven TT, sorry about that, I made this at like 2am…..
Let’s go !
- For the bunny, all you need is black.
- Make sure you have quite a big blob depending on what you want the bunny size to be. Remember you’ll be making 6.
- Acrylic paint
- jump rings
- keychain straps
- eyepins (manymany)
- Take a blob out, this will be for the ears.
- Then roll out the remaining black into a long log.
- Using a ruler, or free hand cut out 6 blobs evenly.
- Roll each blob into a ball. This will make it easier to get the bunny head shape
- Squish each blob a little, and just fix the side edges
- Push them in so it’s a little diagonal.
- Using the black clay from before, roll that out thinly. This is for the ears.
- Cut about 12 blobs out, make sure they’re even.
- Then roll them into a ball
- and roll into a log. Narrower at the bottom, thicker at the top.
- On the bunny head, use a round tool and make indents on where you want the ears to be
- Then attach the ears.
- If you can, blend them as much as possible. (You can see where I failed …… ahaha, it’s so uneven.)
- Then with the eyepins, cut them into appropriate lengths. I would have used the excess to make more eyepins, but since this is a gift, I wanted them to be perfect (Y)
- On two bunnies, attach an eye pin in the top
- For the test, attach eyepins on the top and bottom. Be careful not to squish them because it is easy for the clay to lose its’ shape.
For the masks:
- Roll out the green and use your blade to cut the mask shape at the top.
- Then place it on the bunny , make sure you align it correctly for the top
- As for the excess, just cut it off using the razor blade
- If you need to, fix the shape of the mask a litte
- Repeat for the rest of the masks. Sorry the close ups look so ugly…..
- On the pink, I drew a blue line of how you should cut the mask. You only need to get the top part right because excess would just be cut off.
- Using white, roll out blobs for the eyes
- Then, place in the oven for baking.
- Using acrylic paint, paint on the details.
- The close ups are so unflattering (bunnies are so uneven) …. ahahah
- Once they’re baked, allow to cool
- Meanwhile, collect your jumprings and straps.
- In between each bunny, place as many jump rings as you like. It depends on how long you want the keychain to be
- From the image, you can see I placed two :D
- Glaze to seal the paint
And you’re done !
This is probably one of the longer tutorials, but it’s quite easy to assemble.
I hope you liked it ! I will try to make more tutorials asap ! At the moment, I haven’t made anything new so I haven’t got any tutorials lined up.
Thanks for reading !
Hello Hello my reader,,
This is the last tutorial for my Easter series ^^,
I remember a few months ago, I was stressing over my clay supplies, and announced that I would be making more felt tutorials…. I lied… I’m sorry,,
After buying my studio sculpey, I suddenly had so much clay to use, and yeah… that’s why it’s just been clay tutorials over and over !
But as you can see from the title, today will be a felt tutorial ! ^^
More precisely, a B.A.P bunny plush tutorial.
Just a note, this is going to be a long long tutorial, and it is VERY time consuming. It depends on how many you are making, but I made all the other members. -Phew-
Too cut down the post, the images that I think are self explanatory will just have one short sentence.
Let’s get started !
- Threads / Template/ Pin cushion / Pencil/ paper/ scissors/ black gel pen/sharpie (ball point won’t work as well as these ones) / Hot glue gun
- Pink, Green, blue, red, black, yellow felt
- Using images as reference, I drew out a template
- Fold it in half and cut. This way, it will be symmetrical.
- You will need to cut out 10 bunny shapes ( that means you’ll be making 5 bunnies in total)
- To cut, you can either pin it onto the felt and cut around the template (I prefer this method, but this was too time consuming) OR
- Pin it onto the felt, and using sewing chalk, trace around the bunny.
- Since I was lazy, I used the chalk method. If you choose to use this method, make sure you cut INSIDE the chalk lines. This is because that is the actual shape of the bunny.
- Cut out 10 (the chalk method means sometimes, uneven bunnies D; )
Now to make the Mask templates
- On a piece of paper, place the bunny template under it and trace 5 bunnies.
- Then in the middle of each one, draw a line straight down. ( this will help us find the middle point of the masks)
- Again using the reference images, draw on the masks.
- Cut them out
- Pin onto felt + cut. Make sure you pin them on the right colours.
Now to add the details
- Thread your needle with black.
- On one side of the blue mask, draw that “block” symbol
- Start tracing/sewing according to the lines
- The last image is what it looks like on the other side
Add the details on all the masks.
- If you get lazy, use the black pen.
- Here, I sewed triangular outlines and then filled them in with the pen.
- Cut 5 pairs of eyes. Long oval shape
- For one pair, cut the top diagonally, this is for the green bunny.
- Glue on all the details ! Be patient and careful because once you mess up, you have to start again ><
- Draw on the extra lines for the yellow bunny.
Now, we can finally start sewing ! The time consuming part is finally over !
- For each mask, use their corresponding colours for the thread.
- Use the blanket stick and sew around the bunny
- After half way, stuff it with stuffing
- You may want to use a small tool to help push the stuffing to the ears.
- Once you’re done stuffing it, close up the bunny !
- Repeat for all the rest.
And the bunny does get a little smaller once you fill it. Comparison image:
Aaaand there we go !
A long post right ? I’m not going make this any longer so yes. Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for reading !